If you’ve ever been stressed out, looked across your home, and wondered if you should hire a maid, the answer is probably yes. In many households these days, most parents work full-time. Having a full-time job, housework, GAoking, and trying to keep up with the hectic schedules of your children can be, say the least, daunting and hefty.
Hiring a housemaid may be a good idea if you can pay for an extra pair of hands to help you deal with the week’s stress. But before looking out for maids to hire, you’ll need to know what a housekeeper is usually responsible for.
Read on to learn more about what housekeepers usually do and how to find the right person for your home.
Tasks you can expect your hired maid service to do:
What a housekeeper does in your home depends on your needs. Ask yourself if any special needs are not on the list below, like caring for pets, and if there are, make sure to include them in your job listing. Here are the main things a housekeeper needs to do:
- The living rooms only need a light cleaning. This means that the floors in all rooms need to be dusted, vacuumed, swept, and mopped.
- Cleaning your bathroom, including mirrors, toilets, showers, and baths.
- Wiping down appliances, cabinet doors, and counter sinks as part of cleaning the kitchen.
- Washing and drying your dishes and putting them away.
- Making beds and changing your sheets.
- Doing laundry, folding clothes, and ironing them.
- Cleaning the windows inside the house.
- Getting rid of trash and recycling.
- Restocking on personal items like toilet paper, tissues, etc.
- Cleaning up rooms in general. This means putting toys away, removing clutter, and doing light organizing.
- Getting things done for the family. This can include grocery shopping or dropping off dry cleaning and mail. Make sure you talk with your housekeeper and give her a way to get paid. Not every housekeeper will be willing to do this, so put it on your list and talk about it when you interview them.
- Getting dinner ready for the family. If you want your housekeeper to do this, put it in your job ad. Some housekeepers may not offer this service. During your interviews, talk about how comfortable they are in the kitchen and find out what kinds of meals they make.
- Keeping track of cleaning or house supplies and letting you know when they are running low and need to be replaced.
Here are five good reasons why you might want to hire a maid service
Hiring a maid or professional cleaning service may seem like a luxury. But considering the benefits of hiring a professional cleaner, you’ll see why so many people use these services. There are many reasons to hire a maid service near you, but here are five of the best ones.
1. Hiring a maid service will save you time.
What is much more fun than cleaning your own house? By paying someone else to do it. One of the many benefits of hiring a maid service is getting more time for yourself. You can take care of your health, spend time with family, or chill out. Hiring a professional cleaner will save you time, giving you more freedom during the day. Time is money, as we all know. So, the less time you spend cleaning, the more money you’ll have in your bank account.
2. A clean home is a healthy home.
Messy homes are not only harder to clean, but they are also an excellent place for germs to grow. As if you needed more proof of how important it is to keep your house clean. Your health and that of your family should be a top priority. A deep cleaning has been shown to improve your mental health as well as the air quality, the number of harmful bacteria, and the number of allergies. Peace of mind is hard to put a price on.
3. It will make you feel less stressed.
Hiring a maid service will make you feel less stressed about your mental health. If you don’t have to worry about keeping your house clean, you’ll have more time to spend on things you enjoy. This could be anything from reading a book to watching your favorite TV show to helping your child with homework.
4. A maid service will pay attention to the small things.
When you hire a professional maid service, they will do everything they can to make your home look its best. A professional will clean everything in your home, from baseboards and window blinds to vents and dusty cracks. You will have a cleaner home and be happy to know that many things in it will last longer.
5. It’s easy to live in a clean house.
When hiring a professional service, you can have your house cleaned when it’s most convenient. We all know that when you need to clean is the best time to have a party. So, if you want your next big event or family get-together to be special, you might want to hire a pro. Also, if the party goes well and you’re too tired to clean up, give us a call, and we’ll make it look like the party never happened.
How much a housekeeper will cost you
There is no one way to figure out how much home care will cost for everyone. How much you pay will depend a lot on how experienced the housekeeper is, where you live (big cities charge more, rural areas charge less), the size of your household, and how many people and pets live there. But a housekeeper will usually charge less than a house cleaner.
Why should you hire Modern Maids to do your cleaning?
We love cleaning at Atlanta Maids, and we do it with style. Our hardworking home cleaning specialist will clean your space until it shines, and we always guarantee that we have the best prices. You’ll feel good about hiring us not only because our service is good but also because we work hard to improve our community.
Contact us to know more about the services we offer.
Many might think hiring a maid or a cleaning service is the ultimate luxury. But your time is worth money, and the time you spend scrubbing the kitchen floor might be better spent elsewhere, where you could make more money and have more fun.
During the interview, talk to the candidates about how they would like to be paid. Most housekeepers work for themselves and won’t accept credit cards. Some people may choose cash over checks. Make sure you know what they want and that it’s something you feel comfortable doing.
Hiring a housekeeper doesn’t have to be hard if you know what a housekeeper does. The best way to find the right housekeeper for your family is to be clear about what you need with the applicants. Make your job description as straightforward as possible, and talk about anything unusual or essential to you during job interviews.